Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology
About the Programme
Diploma in Medical Lab Technology is a two-year programme with four semesters, exposing learners to diverse domains of clinical science particularly for diagnostics.
Practical skills and professional training exposure in various medicalcolleges/hospitals/clinical laboratories are incorporated in the curriculum. The students will import an in- depth knowledge to become a competent laboratory technologist with the apt skills towards sample collection, preservation and diagnosis.
- Provides fundamental knowledge on Pharmacology, Blood Banking, Haematology,Microbiology, Biochemistry etc.
- Gaining expertise in the collection of samples, their processing and identification of various pathogens like bacteria, parasites, viruses using different techniques.
- Carrying out routine clinical laboratory investigation (blood, urine etc).
- Mastering the technique of collection of clinical samples and their processing along with recording of data. The students are also given basic training in safety measures, quality control and automation.
- Preparing tissue sections of various types (paraffin/frozen) and staining them
- Techniques to maintain laboratory equipment and daily upkeeping.
- A pass in 12thStandard with Science subjects.
Medical lab technicians in:
- Hospitals and Colleges having Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Laboratory management of Haematology, Serology, Immunology, Microbiology, Parasitology
- Independent Medical Testing& ClinicalLaboratories.
- Drug Efficacy Testing, Blood Sample Matching Units.
- Blood Banking.
- Phlebotomy Units.
- Cytotechnology Laboratories.
Two Years with an Internship