Diploma In Language Speech Therapy
- Diploma In Language Speech Therapy
About the Programme
A Diploma in Language Speech Therapyspecializes and trains students in all thelower-level functionaries of hearing, language and speech. Designed as a comprehensive and practical oriented programme, the prime objective of the course is to generate Speech and Hearing Technicians to take up routine clinical work of assessment and therapeutic management for various speech, language and hearing disorders.
- Training and exposure for the students to execute the routine clinical services
- The students will get to internin rural health centres, special schools for spastics, schools for the mentally retarded and school for the deaf.
- The intricacies about the hearing aids and other instrument manufacturing&dispensing will be at the student’s disposal.
- Self-employment opportunities
- A pass in 12thStandard with Science subjects.
Medical lab technicians in:
- Therapist in rural health centres, special schools for spastics, schools for the mentally retarded and school for the deaf.
- Trained Rehabilitation Personnel in State/Central Health Care andRehabilitation centres.
- Speech and Hearing Technicians in instrument manufacturing/dispensing centres in association with speech and hearing aids.
- Lateral entry into BASLP equivalent programme.
Two Years with an Internship