Diploma In Geriatric Care Management
- Diploma In Geriatric Care Management
About the Programme
A diploma in Geriatric Care Management provides an opportunity to explore the area of nursing with focus on the care of elderly people. The course attends toa unique health care need of the elderly and introduces students to nursing approaches in managing their needs. Acertificate in geriatric care distinguishes students as knowledgeable, skilled, and committed professionals in the field of gerontology.
- Mastering the etiquettes and skills in handlingthe terminal stages of disease and the importance of skillednursing care.
- Preparing for the future; as no matter where one works in nursing, theaged will be a great part of the care. Population aging and the complexity of health care needs service providers.
- Recognizing the importance of appropriate rehabilitation.
- A pass in 12thStandard with Science subjects.
- Gerontological nurses work in a variety of settings, including acutecare hospitals, rehabilitation, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, retirement homes, community health agencies, and the patient's home.
Students can work under various designations, like:
- Nurses and nursing assistants,
- Social workers,
- Home health and personal care aides, and
- Community service workers.
Two Years with an Internship