COURSERA SKILL TRANSFORMATION
HITS – COURSERA SKILL TRANSFORMATION
- 85 million jobs will be displaced and
- 40% of the core skills needed by workers will change.
Add an Edge to your Degree with Honours in Industry 4.0 Credentials from Coursera @ HITS _ First Time in India.
Are you job ready?
What do these trends mean specifically for you, the students and young professionals who are entering the workforce? As new age career paths emerge for students and recruiters start thinking “skills first” instead of “headcount,” it is important for students to be able to translate academics to skills and be job-ready on graduation.
At Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, we are committed to making the educational experience relevant for our students’ careers, ensuring that students are equipped with job-ready skills when they graduate. That is why we are launching the “HITS COURSERA SKILLS TRANSFORMATION” program.
What is the HITS – COURSERA SKILLS TRANSFORMATION Program?
HITS has partnered with Coursera - the world’s leading online learning platform that collaborates with world-class universities and institutions to provide access to affordable, job-relevant learning.
In a pioneering effort, we have worked closely with Coursera to specially curate industry-ready learning pathways in the form of affordable Honours, Minors and Value-added certificate programs to give students job-relevant technology, business, and interpersonal “soft” skills that companies are hiring for today.
80% university students across the world have said Coursera for Campus helped them prepare for jobs & internships - this is your chance to improve your placement outcomes.
How can the HITS - COURSERA SKILLS TRANSFORMATION Program help me?
Improve your placement chances:
- Learn in-demand technology and business skills that prepare you for tomorrow’s job opportunities
- Obtain Professional skill certification and certificates from world renowned universities to enrich your resume and stand out in a crowd of graduates
Enrich your academic qualification:
- Bank additional credits acquired through Honours and Minors for use in further studies. The students can also opt for individual courses given under the list and earn certification and bank it under the mandatory NCGPA credits.
- Become eligible for Award of Honours degree - applicable for B.Tech, B.Des, B.Arch, BBA, BCA, B.Sc, B.Com
- Become eligible for Award of Minors specializations - applicable for all programmes of the University
And do this in a flexible, accessible and affordable manner:
- Subsidized Prices when compared to direct registration through Coursera
- Complete the programme completely online through the Coursera@HITS portal and earn your certificate from HITS, along with your degree.
The Honours, Minors, Specializations, Individual Certificate courses are offered through the HITS-Coursera Skills Transformation platform from the even semester 2020 - 21, with complete integration with the HITS curriculum.
- HONOURS COURSES THROUGH COURSERA
- HONOURS COURSES OFFERED BY DEPT
- MINORS OFFERED THROUGH COURSERA
- MINORS OFFERED BY DEPARTMENT
- INDIVIDUAL COURSES THROUGH COURSERA
- SPECIALIZATIONS, VALUE ADDED COURSES THROUGH COURSERA
Register on a first-come-first-serve basis athttps://bit.ly/2Xpojvn
B. Tech, / B.Des., / SLAAS (Honours) Programme
A new academic programme B. Tech, / B.Des., / SLAAS. (Hons.) is introduced in order to facilitate the students to choose additionally the specialized courses of their choice and build their competence in a specialized area. The features of the new programme, include:
B.Tech. students in regular stream can opt for B. Tech, / B.Des., / SLAAS (Hons) provided they have a CGPA of 7.5 up to the end of Second semester.
The students opting for this program have to complete the courses of their specialization of 12 Credits.
The list of such additional courses offered by the various Departments of the respective school will be announced in the beginning of the academic year to facilitate the registration process.
The faculty advisor will suggest the additional courses to be taken by the students based on their choice and level of their academic competence.
The students have to pay the requisite fee for the additional courses.
A student can opt for only one Honors Specialization for the entire duration of the programme.
The successful student will be awarded the Degree Certificate with Hons specialization namely, “B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with Hons specialization in Network Security”
Popular Honours tracks you can take:
- Product & S/W Mgmt
- Cloud Data Engg
- Business Analytics
- Tech & MIS Management
- Big Data Structures
- Engineering Economics and Management
- Energy Management in Industry
- Material Science
- Smart City and Infrastructural Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Self Driving Cars
Students, who are desirous of pursuing their special interest areas other than the chosen discipline of Engineering / Technology/ Arts/ Fashion/ Humanities/ Management/ Basic Sciences, may opt for additional courses in minor specialization groups offered by a department other than their parent department. Such students shall select the stream of courses offered with pre – requisites by the respective departments and earn a Minor Specialization.
1.The number of credits to be earned for Minor specialization is 12 credits.
2.The students are permitted to register for their minor specialization courses from the IV semester onwards subject to a maximum of two additional courses per semester.
3.The list of such additional courses offered by the various departments and the schedule will be announced in the beginning of the academic year to facilitate the registration process.
4.The students have to pay the requisite fee for the additional courses.
A student can opt for multiple Minor specializations.
The student will be awarded Minor Specialization certificates along with the Degree Certificate upon successful completion.
Popular Minors tracks you can take:
- Data Science
- Data Analysis
- Geographical Information Systems
- Engineering Economics
- Web Development
- Internet of Things
- Business analytics & Problem solving
- Electric Vehicles
- Water Resource Engineering
For more information, kindly contact our department Coordinators:
For more information, kindly contact our department CoordinatorsClick Here