Research Center » CNCD
CENTER FOR NETWORKING AND CYBER DEFENSE (CNCD)
The Centre for Networking and Cyber Defense (CNCD) at Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS) was established in the year April 2013 with an aim to carry out research and impart knowledge in Networking and Cyber security. This centre has been formed with domain expertise from Hindustan University, HTC, IBM and D-Link The centre is also involved in doing community outreach programmes to create awareness on cyber security.
- To achieve excellence in networking and cyber security research by enabling researchers, faculty and students with skill sets in networking and cyber defense
- To establish infrastructure, skill development, research environment in network and cyber defense.
- To disseminate knowledge in networking and cyber defense through seminars, workshops, conferences, awareness programmes
- To conduct seminars/workshops/conferences/awareness programs for disseminating the knowledge in networking and cyber defense.
- To conduct Basic and Applied research in network and cyber defense.
- To train professionals in education in the areas of networking and cyber defense through degree, non-degree and public education programs.
- To collaborate with industry, government and academia in the areas of networking and cyber defense.
- To provide consultancy and R&D expertise in networking and cyber defense.
- To organize community outreach programmes.
- To establish infrastructure and facilities for skill development and research in these areas
- To develop new standards, methodologies and tools for future secured public network.
- To disseminate knowledge in networking and cyber defense through seminars, workshops, conferences.
- To conduct Basic and Applied research in the area education in the areas of networking and cyber defense.
- To train professionals in education in the areas of networking and cyber defense through degree, non‐degree, and public education programs.
- To collaborate with industry, government and academia on both the theory and practice of education in the areas of networking and cyber defense.
- Professional Diploma in Cyber Investigation and Laws (PDCIL) - 6 months certification course in association with HTC Global Services
- Value added course on "Ethical Hacking"
- Value Added course on D-Link DCT- Switching and DCT- Wireless Networks.
- Dr.Rajeswari Mukesh, Professor - Network Security
- Dr. D.Venkata Subramanian, Professor - Knowledge Management Systems
- Dr.R. Krishnaveni, Professor - Web Security
- Dr.V.Ceronmani Sharmila, Head-CNCD & Associate Professor - Computer Networks
- Dr.J.Thangakumar, Associate Professor - Network Security
- Dr.L.Kavisankar, Associate Professor - Network Security
- Dr.Sathiyapriya, Associate Professor – Wireless Networks
- Dr.T.Sudalai Muthu, Assistant Professor - Cyber Security
- Mr.S.K.Shankar, Assistant Professor - Computer Networks
- Mr.D.Karunanithi, Assistant Professor - Network Security & Forensics
- Ms. P. Subbulakshmi, Assistant Professor - Network Security
- Prof. Harjinder Singh Lallie, WMG,
- Dr. T.V. Gopal, Chairman, CSI D-II,
- Dr.B.Muthukumaran, DGM, HTC-ITMR,
- Dr.K.Sivakumar, Associate Director, CTS
- Captain Chakravarti, Member Brahmos
- Mr.G. Ramamoorthy Chairman, CSPF Warwick University, UK.
- Mr. Natarajan Swaminathan, Head, TCS
- Mr.S.Ravichandran, Cyber Consultant Missile Project, DRDO
- Hitsathon V 1.0, Hackathon Competition on the theme “Social Welfare” was organized for students and around 300 students from all over India participated.
- Awareness Program on “Ransomware Attacks on Computing and Communication Devices” by Dr.B.Muthukumaran, HTC-ITMR and CNCD Members of HITS.
- International Guest Lecture on “Demystifying Cybersecurity Threats and Responsibilities” by Mr.Ramesh Nagappan, Cybersecurity Technologist, Oracle & Adjunct Faculty, Harvard University, USA.
- DRDO sponsored National Conference on “Intelligent Information Systems” ”, Chief Guest - Dr.Ajith Abraham, Director, MIR Labs, USA and Guest of Honour - Dr. S Selvakumar, Dean, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Srirangam.
- Conclave on Cryptography and Cyber Security, the chief guest was Dr.Nishanth Chandran, Researcher, Microsoft and Guest of Honour was Dr.Nishanth Chandran, Researcher, Microsoft and Mr.Vishal Asthana, CISSP Director.
- World Cyber Security Day, the chief guest of the event was Mr. U.P. Prakasham, CEO, Nebulas Solutions.
- Professional Diploma in Cyber Investigations and Laws (PDCIL), the Chief Guest of the day was Mr.Sampath Kumar Thirumalai, Vice President, Tech Mahindra, Chennai and Guest of Honor was Mr.Suresh Venkatachalam, AVP, Hinduja tech Limited, Chennai.
- National Conference on “Big Data Analytics and Cyber Security”, Chief Guest - Dr.Mike Just, Associate Director, Glasgow Galedonian University and Guest of Honour - Dr.S.V.Nagaraj, Adjunct Scientist, SETS, Chennai.
- Seminar on “Network Security” by Shri. S. Thiagarajan, SETS (Society for Electronic Transactions and Security), India.
- Workshop on “Cyber Security Attacks and Vulnerability Assessment” by Dr. Siva Kumar Kathiresan, Head, Security Division, CTS.
- Seminar on “Cyber Security: Threat Landscape” by Mr.Santhakumar, COE, HTC Global Services, Chennai.
- Guest Lecture on “Information Security Risk Management and Assessment” by Dr.Sivakumar.K, Associate Director, ERSS - EBA, Cognizant Technology Solutions- Chennai.
- Workshop on “Ethical Hacking” by Mr. Surya Prakash, Senior Security Researcher, CSPF.
- Professional Development programmes on “Cyber Security Tools” by Dr. Padmanaban Ramasamy, NextG Communications Lab, Chennai, Mr. Senthil Kumar, GM, Rane IT division.
- Workshop on “Cyber Security Tools” by Mr. KaliMuthu, Head, Cyber Security Division, ABT.
CYBER SECURITY CONVENTION
Dr.V.Ceronmani Sharmila Head-CNCD P.O.Box No.1, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR),
Padur, (Via) Kelambakkam, Chennai - 603 103, India.
Phone: +91-44-2747 4262, 2747 4395, ,