Center » CDTS
Centre for Defence Technology Studies (CDTS)
• India's stated aim, as enunciated by the Government policy is for progressive self-Reliance and manufacture defense equipment indigenously.
• Indian Defence Manufacturing sector is currently gearing up to Investments in the area of Defence Production through FDI in tune with the Make in India policy of the Government.
• And for this, it is necessary to generate a credible and effective human resource base in the field of Defence Technology Management.
• And hence Centre for Defence Technology Studies.-as the private sector initiative by Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
• The Centre for Defence Technology Studies (CDTS) was established in the year 2012. –photograph -inauguration
OBJECTIVE: Creating, Empowering and Training a team of Professionals in Defence Technology Management suited for the Indian Defence Industry.
VISION: Build a cadre of Defence Technology Professionals to meet the emerging needs of the Defence Manufacturing sector in India working towards self-reliance in Defence.
MISSION: To provide a conducive learning environment to budding Professionals to achieve excellence in the field of Defence Technology & Management.
The Centre for Defence Technology Studies was formally inaugurated by His Excellency Mr.Francois Richier, the French Ambassador to India in the presence of our Chancellor and other eminent industry Professionals on 13th July 2012.
The Centre played host to two major International Conferences DEFED I and DEFED II on the theme of Defence Education for the 21st century in Nov 2011 and Nov 2012 in collaboration with the Defence Academy, Cranfield University, Shrivenham, UK.
Pictured above (left to right): Professor Dr.Ian Wallace (Head of School Cranfield Defence and Security Cranfield University UK), Dr. AnandVerghese (Pro Chancellor Hindustan University) and Mr. Laurent Camus (Group Head of HR Learning and Development, MBDA UK)
Cranfield University – MBDA – Hindustan University Tripartite agreement for Academic collaboration, Content development and Course conduct in India in specialized areas of Missile Technology. Singed in the United Kingdom on Wednesday 1st May 2013.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROGRAMME
The MBA in Defence Technology Management programme is the flagship programme of the Centre forDefence Technology Studies (CDTS). The course aims at producing management professionals who will be required to work in a large growing military-Industrial Complex in the country.
The course is designed to meet the requisites of all stakeholdersviz: Armed forces, Research and Development, Public and private sector defence industries. The teaching at the Centre is designed to satisfy this requirement through the unique combination of military, civilian and academic streams.
The centre strives to deliver courses and academic expertise in the Defence Technology domain and helps in building a cadre of Defence Technology professionals in the country. The broad
content of the two year MBA-DefenceTechnology Management Programme include:
Principles of Defence Management
Accounting for Defence Management
OrganizationalBehaviour for Defence Forces.
Human Resources and Communication Management
Strategic Management in Defence Establishment
International Conflict Management
Internal Security Management
South Asian Security and Conflict Management
Fundamentals of system Engineering.
An overview of Weapon Systems evaluation and performance assessment as well as familiarization of Armored Fighting Vehicles, Naval Platforms and Airborne platforms are also provided in the third semester of the course followed by an industry oriented project.
Besides MBA Defence Technology Management course, the Centre offers the following professional/Part time courses based out of its facilities in Chennai Ph D - Defence and Strategic Studies.
OTHER FRESH INITIATIVES
• CDTS aims to offer short term courses in Defence Technology and related areas more pertinent to the Vehicle Health Monitoring, Systems Engineering and Defence Acquisition and Procurement.
• While the short courses are structured for modular delivery ,the full time courses offer a well-rounded exposure to real time situations and Internships based at some of the Top Defence Research facilities in India. This includes Summer Internships with leading Industry leaders and also full-fledged Project assignments with companies in the Defence area.
The Programme prepares the course taker to take up key functional roles in the burgeoning Indian Defence industry in areas of Defence production, DefenceProcurement, Defence Acquisition, Internal Security Management and specialized areas of Cyber Security.
The coursealso equips professionals to take up challenging and leadership opportunities in the Private /public sector Defence Industries and their Ancilliary Units.
Serving Officersof the Armed forces completing the course leave with an ability to apply their technical understanding to solve complex problems in the Defence domain, in terms of operations, equipment capability, acquisition and management in the Defence business.
Mr. B.Rajagopalan|Phone: 8903437466 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr.P.Tony Joseph | Phone: 9710421239 | Email: email@example.com