CENTRE FOR AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES (CAV)
Research Center » CAV
CENTRE FOR AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES (CAV)
The Centre for Autonomous Vehicles(CAV) is the gateway to a unique environment created to both facilitate and accelerate the growth of the Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) industry. Centre will be one of the few UAS research, training and development range of its kind among Indian educational institutes.
The Centre will enable
- Unmanned air systems R&D such as ROV,UAVetc,.
- Integrated unmanned air systems operating environments.
- Expert technical and operational support.
- Outstanding infrastructure and test facilities.
- Development and demonstration of flight trials.
- In addition to the capabilities , acting as the shop window of Indian UAS development, this exciting new environment will facilitate the commercialization of research. School of Aeronautical Sciences has bagged several titles and championships in prestigious international UAV competitions like
1.Aero Design Collegiate Series (S.A.E.International),
2.International Aerial Robotics Competition (AUVSI)
3.International Micro Air Vehicle Competition(IMAV)
Every year, new successful UAV designs through student projects and competitions have transformed UAV activity to its next dimension of Centre for Unmanned vehicle Systems.
- Here at our Centre we will conduct research into all aspects of aviation automation, with a specific focus on autonomous technologies considering wide range of commercial applications.
- The Centre will be able to transform leading edge research concepts to flight-tested reality.
- The technologies being explored at Centre will be integrated into civilian manned and unmanned operations, and will be implemented across a variety of sectors namely agriculture; mining and resources; emergency services; building and construction etc…
Student Demonstrating The UAV To Chief Guest
- Dr.Dilip.A.Shah - HoD
- Dr.Dalbir Singh - Associate Professor
- Mr. G.Dinesh Kumar - Assistant Professor(S.S)
- Mr. Karunakaran.C.S - Technical Officer
- Mr.Kirubakaran.P.S.B - Assistant Professor(S.S)
- Mr.Gowrishankar.D - Assistant Professor
ACHIEVEMENTS & ACCOLADES
Sae Aero Design-West 2015
- Team "PRANDTL" participated in SAE Aero Design West Competition in Micro class 2015 at Texas, USA on 28th to 30th March 2015
- Team "ASTRA" participated in SAE Aero Design West Competition in Advanced class 2015 at Texas, USA on 28th to 30th March 2015 .
SAE Aero Design-East 2015
- Team "DIREWOLVES" participated in SAE Aero Design East Competition in Advanced class at Van Nuys, USA on 24th to 26th April 2015 and came 16th place out of 65 Teams.
AERO-INDIA SHOW (18-22 Feb 2015), YELAHANKA-BANGALORE
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science students article published in Deccan Chronicle dated-19/02/2015. Team "PANDAVAS" Faculty Advisor G.Dinesh Kumar and Director accompanied by Dr.Dilip.A.Shah (HOD-Aero) at AERO INDIA 2015, Bangalore.
SAE Aero Design-West 2014
- Team "GARUDA" participated in SAE Aero Design West Competition in Micro class 2014 at Texas, USA on 28th to 30th March 2014 got 12th place out of nearly 100 teams.
- Team "ASTRA" participated in SAE Aero Design West Competition in Advanced class 2014 at Texas, USA on 28th to 30th March 2014.
- Team "VANGUARD" participated in SAE 2014 AERO DESIGN EAST MICROCLASS (MARIETTA, GEORGIA ,USA) CAME IN TOP 10 among nearly 100 teams
The Aerotrix Super Challenge-2014
Two teams from Hindustan University participated in RC Aircraft Design and Fabrication Workshop as a part of The AerotriX Super Challenge in association with Conscientia, IIST Trivandrum, have got "Best Fabrication Award" and "second place.
International Micro-Air Vehicle -2014 competition ( Netherlands)
The Team PANDAVAS from Hindustan University took part in the International Micro-Air Vehicle -2014 competition held in Netherlands and were finalists among the many teams in the world and were invited.
International Aerial Robotics Competition
- Team RECON won "BEST INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC EXCHANGE AWARD" in International Aerial Robotics Competition (IARC) conducted by Association of Unmanned Vehicle System International (AUVSI) held at Beijing, China, Aug 2013.
- Team RECON won "MOST INNOVATIVE DESIGN AWARD" in International Aerial Robotics Competition (IARC) conducted by Association of Unmanned Vehicle System International (AUVSI) held at Yantai, China, July 2014.
Spirit Global Design Challenge (SGDC)
- Aravind Sasikumar and Nikhil John Final Year students won Second Place in the SGDC-2012 Challenge competition mentored by Dr. R. Asokan.
- Sneha jose and Sista Vijay Year students won Second Place in the SGDC-2013 Challenge competition mentored by Dr. R. Asokan and Dinesh Kumar.G
Nasa Green Aviation 2012
This eco friendly aircraft design was proposed by three final year Aeronautical students of Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science namely Nikhil John Manish Kumar , Aravind Sasikumar which won second place in NASA Green Aviation Competition.
Sae Aero-Design West , Van Nuys, California, April 2013
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science was ranked 9th in oral presentation out of 29 teams in the Micro class and 23rd overall out of nearly 100 teams.The Team Won NASA Best Paper Award