B.Sc Automobile Maintenance - Automobile Engineering
- B.Sc Automobile Maintenance - Automobile Engineering
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
HINDUSTAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE (HITS), a deemed to be University, is one of the most sought after and recognized institutions in India, located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Commenced in 1985, it offers a wide spectrum of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Research and Doctoral Programmes in diverse fields of Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Management, Law, Fashion, Design, and Arts, Aviation, Applied Sciences and Arts and Sciences. The technical courses at UG and PG levels are approved by AICTE. HITS is a part of the most reputed Hindustan Group of Institutions which caters to the academic needs of over 18,000 students.
HITS is accredited with an “A” Grade by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC), Govt. of India. The B. Tech. programmes offered by Aeronautical, Automobile, Civil, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering are accredited by NBA. The Institution is categorized as No. 2 by MHRD, UGC; and is ranked 107thamong Engineering institutions and 20thRank out of 66 Architecture Institutions in India in the NIRF 2020 Rankings category. THE University Impact Rankings rated HITS No. 2 among Top 10 Indian Universities and No. 18th in the Global Rank in SDG6 with an Overall 201-300 Rank. The institute is one amongst top institutions to receive QS E Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation (LEAD) certification from QS i Gauge for its preparedness of Indian Higher Education for the Digital Age to conduct Online Teaching and Learning with a well-designed methodology. Also, it has obtained a GOLD rating from QS I Gauge Indian University Ratings.
Towering as a portal of learning, HITS is aesthetically landscaped to house 8 academic blocks, 14 Centres of Excellence for Research, state-of-the-art Workshops and Laboratories. The institution is reputed for its highly qualified and competent faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extracurricular activities. The learning community comprises students from several foreign countries besides those from India, thus offering a cosmopolitan campus environment. HITS has curved a niche for itself through established global collaborations with Institutes and Industries to promote Faculty & Student Exchange Programmes, Joint Research, Consultancy Projects, Conferences, and Guest Lectures. The institute focuses on preparing students for their careers through employability development activities and internships, while its Industry engagement priorities ensures close alignment with the needs of industry.
HITS has been awarded many Patents, Funded Research Projects from leading organizations like Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Naval Research Board (NRB) and many other leading Industries and R&D organizations. With the noble vision of the Founder-Chairman, Late Dr. K.C.G. Verghese, "To Make Every Man a Success and No Man a Failure", Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science chisels its learners with competitive spirit to face the future with confidence.
- Top ranked institution in India with growing international reputation for excellence.
- Balanced approach through Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- Options for Minor Specialization, B. Tech. (Hons.) Programme, and MOOC Credit Equivalence options.
- Encourages Research at UG level giving equal opportunities to all years of study.
- Fosters the spirit of entrepreneurship and empowers students to share ideas and develop creativity through Project Based Learning.
- Over 200 MoUs for academic and sports collaborations.
- Multiple pathways for academic success through internships, camps, exchange and study abroad programmes.
- Enhances more connections and tie-ups with industries through "One Faculty One Industry" scheme.
- Emboldens innovative talents and spirit of entrepreneurship amongst students through E – Cell: Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC).
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience.
- Houses 14 Research Centres of Excellence with extensive & state-of-the-art Laboratories and Workshops.
- Scholarships and Awards for academic excellence.
- Sponsorship and Training for participation in National and International events and competitions.
- Campus Placement and Corporate Training Programmes towards core competency development.
- Excellent Placements record in reputed firms such as Deloitte, Infosys, L&T Info Tech, Capgemini, Ramco Systems, Mahindra & Mahindra, HCL Technologies, Ernst & Young, Honeywell, CDG Boeing, USA to name a few.
- Strong Alumni Network and active International Chapters in UAE, East Asia (headquarter in Singapore), Sultanate of Oman, and Bhutan.
- Scope for Extracurricular Activities such as NCC, NSS, YRC, Sports, and Cultural.
- Hostel, Recreation, Cafeteria, Banking / ATM facilities intra campus.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Automobile Engineering established in the year 1997, caters to train the students to design, develop, manufacture, and service automobiles. Accredited by National Board of Accreditation, the department houses a Centre of Excellence for Automotive Electronics (CAE) in collaboration with VOLKSWAGON and BOSCH. The Centre is established specifically for Vehicle Diagnosis, Automotive Electrical System, HVAC, Performance Testing and mainly focuses on bridging the gap between Industry and Institute. Collaboration with various foreign Universities (Gunma University, Japan. Trier University, Germany) enables exchange of students and faculty in various emerging areas. The department’s fantastic amalgam of experienced faculty and professionals from the industry along with its sophisticated equipment & laboratories has turned itself to be one of the leading hubs of automobile learning centre in the country. Students participate in various Motorsports and professional body activities such as SAE (Baja, Supra), ISIE (Solar vehicle Championship), GKDC & NKRC (Go-Kart Design Challenge), and E-Bike Championships have acquired a lot of awards and laurels to the department.
- Smart Classrooms
- Modern Library & E -Learning Centre
- Well-equipped Laboratories
- Skill Development Centres
- Vehicle Driving Practice
- Engine Testing Centre
- Vehicle Testing Centre
- Project Based Learning Centre
- Computer Aided Design Centre
- Centre for Automotive Electronics
- HITS-BOSCH Joint Training Centre
ABOUT B.Sc. AUTOMOBILE MAINTENANCE PROGRAMME
This three-year undergraduate degree programme offers knowledge and skill on AutomobileTechnology & Maintenance of Automobiles through various courses.
Automobile Technology Courses:
- Power of Mobility
- Drive Trains
- Aesthetics and Ergonomics of Vehicle Body
- Process for Automobile Reconditioning
- Application of Hydrocarbons in Automotive Engines
- Modelling of Automobile Components
- Environmental Science
- Automotive Electrical Technology
- Passenger Comfort Techniques
- Automotive Materials
- Emission, Norms and Measurements
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Integral Vehicle Safety
- Vehicle Dynamics
Automobile Maintenance Courses
- Engine Overhauling & Maintenance
- Body Repair & Maintenance
- On Board/Off Board Diagnostics
- Modern Garage Equipment
- Maintenance Planning & Cost Estimation
- Garage Organization & Transport Management
Skill Development Courses
- Engine Systems Laboratory
- Chassis Systems Laboratory
- Hydrocarbon Characterisation Laboratory
- Automobile Reconditioning Lab
- Automotive Electrical Lab
- Employability skills Lab
- Vehicle Diagnostics Lab-I and II
- Vehicle Safety Analysis Lab
- Vehicle Dynamics Lab
- Electronic Engine Management Systems
- Automotive NVH
- Fuel Cells and Modern Storage Devices
- After Treatment Techniques
- Off-road Vehicles
- Fluid Power Systems
- Motorsport Engineering
- Autonomous Mobility
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Total Quality Management
- Business Ethics
- Supply Chain & Logistics Management
* Mandatory Internship and Project Courses
Highlight of the programme:
- Develop Automobile Service Advisors& entrepreneurs in Automobile retailing across India.
Outcome of the Programme:
- Graduates of Automobile Maintenance programme have scope to work in Automobile Field Service, Vehicle Maintenance, Fleet Supervision and Technical Support.
After completing this prolific and highly employment-oriented programme, students can readily find employments in a wide range of industries such as automobile manufacturing, aftermarket management, technical support activities, field service operations, fleet management, sales and marketing of automotive parts, technical assistance in field, academics and research support.
Viable Career Options:
- Engine & Transmission Expert
- Chassis System Specialist
- Automobile Body Repair Specialist
- Vehicle Air-Conditioning & Brake System Expert
- Automotive Vehicle Service Advisor
Duration : 3 Years