B.B.A - AVIATION SERVICES & AIR CARGO
- BBA in AVIATION SERVICES & AIR CARGO
- In collaboration with Logistics Sector Skill Council, Government of India
About the Course
Apprenticeship-based BMS Degree Programme in Aviation Services & Air Cargo is offered by Logistics Sector Skill Council in collaboration with approved Higher Education Institutions from the Academic Year 2020-21. Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSC), established by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) though National Skill Development Corporation of India (NSDC), has taken up a number of initiatives with the objective of creating adequate skills for gainful employment at various levels in Logistics Industry.
Description about the Participating Institution
The Programme is conducted in approved Higher Education Institutions (hereinafter referred to as ‘Collaborating Institutions’) under active collaboration with LSC. Under the collaboration for which the Collaborating Institution (CI) has formally signed an MoU with LSC, the LSC takes care of
- Curriculum Development and Continuous Improvement
- Faculty Training
- Sensitisation of Students on Apprenticeship Assignment
- Securing Apprenticeship Training (On-the-job Training) in Logistics Companies for all students of this Degree programme under the provisions of Apprentices Act, 1961
- Securing a monthly stipend, as prescribed by the Apprenticeship Act 1961, during the Apprenticeship Training period for every student.
- Assisting the CI in sourcing Guest Faculty
- Assessing the performance & learning of students while in Apprenticeship
- Securing final placements for all students on successful completion of the Degree Programme
- Assessment of the progress made by the PI in the Programme, and offering suggestions & help to achieve the objective of churning out skilled graduates
Following are subjects offered as Core and Electives (including MOOC courses):
- Analysing Financial Accounting Statements
- Fundamentals of Logistics
- Introduction to Aviation Industry & Airport Operations
- Quantitative Techniques
- International Business
- Introduction to Air Cargo Industry
- Air Cargo Manuals and Regulations
- Revenue Management & Pricing
- Air Cargo Operation Processes
- Air Cargo Customer Services
- Aviation & Air Cargo: Security & Safety
- Air Cargo Agreements & Alliances
- Air Cargo Terminal Processes - Practical
- Air Cargo Business Support Functions – Practical
- Freighter Handling at Airport - Practical
- Mechanised Handling & ULD Operations – Practical
- Introduction to Aviation Law
- Air Cargo Sales & Marketing
- E-Commerce Technology and Management
- Exim Policy, Procedure & Documentation
- 28 Courses at 7 per Semesters I, II, III, and IV
- 4 Practical Courses at two per Semesters V and VI
- 2 Allied Courses at one in Semesters V and VI
- Apprenticeship Training for 12 months (300 days) spread across equally in Semesters V and VI.
- In this course, students will learn how an aviation, air cargo functions, basics of business communication and economics, Aviation Operations, Safety and Security and role of human resource in the aviation industry. The students shall also be learning online certain parts of the course through MOOCs
Apprenticeship-based Degree Programme in Aviation & Air Cargo, in association with Logistics Sector Skill Council. This programme has been endorsed by MHRD.
The apprenticeship opportunity will help the students to be trained hands on in the industry.
- Employment opportunities as analyst, logistics customer service, supply chain manger, purchasing manager, inventory manger and various connecting designations.
- The career opportunities on pursuing aviation management course includes aviation planner, senior staff analyst for airlines, operations analyst for airlines, financial analyst for airlines and purchasing management.