- B.Sc. Avionics
About the Course
The Avionics course trains students to maintain and certify flight worthiness of flight instruments. It focuses on developing talented Avionics Stream Personnel trained in new technologies and business management skills. The curricula for the above programme are structured as per the requirement of Aviation Industry. The field of activity of qualified personnel involves maintenance of various flying instruments in realms of Avionics. The students are taught existing technology as well as advanced Multi-Functional Display System.
Under TIFAC-CORE project of the Government of India, the Department has acquired specialized electronic equipment for training students in avionics engineering. The Department has acquired specialized electronic equipment for training the students in Avionics.
- Ultrasonic Flow Detector
- Multifunctioning display
- Flight simulator Exposure
- FBore scope Instrument
- Global Positioning Instrument
The exposure to electronic technology together with the thrust on reliability and maintainability of aircraft systems complement the advanced features of the course.
B.Sc. Avionics Programme opens up vistas for higher education and will be placed in top Aerospace/Avionics industries in India as well as abroad such as,
- Domestic Airlines such as Air India, Spice Jet, Jet Airways, etc.
- Foreign Airlines such as British Airways, KLM, Quantas, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, etc.
- Defence Services namely Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, and Indian Army.
- Central Government / State Government / PSUs such as Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd., BHEL, ISRO, DGCA.
Duration : 3 Years