ALSIM Flight Training Divison
- About the SIMCENTRE
- About the OFAA
- ALSIM AL 50
- ALSIM AL 250
- Simulator Training for pilots
- Simulator Training for Engineering students
- Outcome of simulation session
- Engineering Pack
About the SIMCENTRE
Orient Flights in technical partnership with ALSIM began the flight simulator training in 2010 with the purchase of India’s first ALSIM Simulator, the ALSIM AL50. ALSIM, based in France, is one of the leading Flight Simulator Manufactures in the World. ALSIM’s constant process of evolving their products over the years has enabled them to offer customers with advanced aviation training devices. The development of their devices and services is a continuous process in close collaboration with their customers and their very own ATO (Approved Training Organization).
The AL50 has been used by Orient Flights for imparting thousands of hours of training for Pilots, Engineers & Aviation enthusiasts. In 2018, Orient Flights added the advanced ALSIM AL250 Multi-Engine & Single-Engine Aircraft Simulator to its fleet, and have also entered into a technical partnership with ALSIM Simulators which led to the establishment of the SIMCENTRE at Chennai. Orient Flights Simcentre was inaugurated by Shri Lalit Gupta, Joint Director General, Office of the DGCA, in the presence of AICTE Chairman, Professor Anil D. Sahasrabudhe,
- Both simulators are approved by the DGCA
- Alsim AL250 first Simcentre in India
- State of the art facility with cutting edge technology
- Training programmes can be customized based on the requirement
About the OFAA
Orient Flights Aviation Academy (OFAA) is one of the best Pilot Training Institutions in India, approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. Orient Flights has been successfully operating in Pondicherry since 1994 and has been providing training for more than 300 aspiring pilots to obtain their Commercial Pilot License (CPL). ALSIM’s technical Partnership with Orient Flights has given rise to the establishment of the OFAA SIM CENTRE at Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science, Padur, Chennai, India.
ALSIM AL 50
The AL50's highly-refined design characteristics, offer an effective answer to the need for initial pilot training and for maintaining and developing pilot skills. The AL50 consists of the following main elements:
- Single-seater cabin with adjustable seat.
- Steering yoke with electric pitch adjustment.
- Rudder control pedals with toe brakes.
- Control panel with all instrumentation.
- Instructor's station PC
- Projected visual system
The canopy slides to the rear for easy access. The cockpit represents a single-pilot cockpit and features the characteristics of a single-engine (piston engine) airplane. Situated next to the cockpit, the instructor's station enables the instructor to conduct simulations with multiple software menus. The instructor can display and position the aircraft in flight, control weather conditions, simulate breakdowns and access preprogrammed flight sequences. The flight model mirrors the general characteristics of a single piston engine aircraft and is FAA (BITD) & EASA (FNPT I) compliant.
ALSIM AL 50
ALSIM AL 250
The ALSIM AL250 is an Advanced Aviation Training Device and is the first in India, a product of over two decades of Alsim’s design expertise, constant research and development, operational expertise and valuable customer input. The compact AL250 is configurable for single and twin engine aircraft and is EASA (FNPT II) & FAA (AATD) compliant.
- Aircraft Configurations:
- Multi-Engine Piston Aircraft based on Piper Seneca (PA-34)/Piper Seminole (PA-44)
- Single Engine Piston – Fixed & Variable Pitch Configuration based on Cessna 172 (C172) & Piper Cherokee (PA-28)
- Equipped with Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) & Analogue Instrument Display
ALSIM AL 250
Simulator Training for pilots
This includes Ground Training and Flying Training:
Before getting into the cockpit, the trainee will be briefed on the following concepts:
- Aerodynamics of Flight
- Aircraft Construction
- Flight Controls
- Principles of Flight
- Flight Instruments
- Aircraft Systems
This would give the trainee the threshold knowledge required to begin flying training.
Phase I: Ab-initio Flying Training
- Attitudes & Movements
- Straight & Level flight at varying airspeeds
- Climbing & Descending
- Turns: Gentle, Medium, and Steep
- Slow Flight & Stall
- Circuit Pattern
Phase II: Instrument Flying Training
- Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- VHF Omni-Directional Range (VOR)
- Non-Directional Beacon (NDB)
- Automatic Direction Finder (ADF)
- Distance Measuring Equipment (DME)
- RADAR: Primary & Secondary Surveillance Radar
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Precision & Non-precision approach procedures
- Familiarization with Autopilot
- Emergencies procedures and failures of different systems
Simulator Training for Engineering students
Importance of Flight Simulators in Engineering Education & the Value Proposition offered to more than 3500 Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering students, BBA and MBA Aviation students.
Outcome of simulation session:
- Students get hands-on practical exposure on the various topics that are covered theoretically in the classroom as part of their curriculum.
- Students get an opportunity to utilize the Simulators for their projects and analysis.
- The ALSIM AL250’s Engineering Pack enable students to create custom concepts, create and inject custom errors, extract flight data parameters, integrate pilot monitoring systems, and support research trials.
- The practical exposure offered adds great value by enhancing the students’ domain knowledge and gives them an edge in job interviews or when they apply for Masters. It also stimulates their thought process in pursuing a career in flying or aircraft maintenance.
- The experience also promotes team work and better understanding of the Engineering subjects like Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Flight Controls, Aircraft Systems, and Flight Instruments.
- Students get a chance to simulate failures, emergency scenarios, various weather conditions and get to work on instruments such as VOR, NDB, ADF, ILS, TCAS, Airborne Weather Radar, DME, PSR, SSR, Radio Altimeter and more.
AL250 also includes an 'Engineering Pack,' which incorporates a network interface allowing the popular programming platform Matlab to send and receive real-time data to and from the simulator.
- "This 'Engineering Pack' allows the user the ability to interact with the simulator software and hardware. This provides almost endless possibilities including developing simulation protocol and the ability to generate scenarios and control for research studies".
- Salient features of the 'Engineering Pack':
- It helps to extract flight data parameters which allow the students to understand the flight parameters in real-time.
- Inject custom errors (map shift, subtle errors).
- Modify the flight characteristics of aircraft to demonstrate unusual conditions (neutral and negative stability).
- Integrate pilot monitoring systems.
- Supports research trials (quick scenario generation and controls).
- Both simulators are utilized by Aerospace & Aeronautical students, researchers and the Aviation industry. The Alsim’s unique engineering pack enables the simulator not only to demonstrate flight mechanics and flight controls but also to change the aerodynamic derivatives of an aircraft configuration and to study how this affects the aircraft dynamics. Further, the engineering pack on the simulator can be utilised for projects involving, design and development of aircraft, where the aerodynamic model of the aircraft can be flight tested in the simulator.
Extra flying hours on simulator and extra engineering Pack session hours on charge basis.
Shri Lalit Gupta, Joint Director General ,Office of the DGCA, Aeronautical Society of India, Prof. Anil D. Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, AICTE and Mr. P.J. Kurien, Former member of Rajya Sabha
His Excellency Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, Former President of India
Dr. Mylswamy Annadurai, Former Chairman, ISRO
Dr Bala K Bharadvaj, CEO Boeing (India)
AICTE, Vice Chairman , Dr. M.S. Poonia
Capt. Chaubey,CFI , OFAA , Mrs. Dr. Mrs. Elizabeth Verghese, Chancellor HITS, Dr. Anand Jacob Verghese,Pro Chancellor, HITS
NBA Chairman Visit
Students Simulator training
Contact coordinator for details
Terms and Condition:
- Class timing should be strictly adhered to.
- Attendance for all classes is mandatory.
- Dress code – Uniform as required for the Course.
- We reserve the right to modify, cancel and limit any training or promotion.
- Any violation of stipulated rules and regulations will be met with strict disciplinary action.
- Accommodation (on/off campus) can be arranged on payment basis.
- Fees once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances
Certificate will be issued by OFAA SIM CENTRE, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science on successful completion of the training
For Training Enquiry Contact:
Capt. ALPHA RAJAN
Mobile No: +91- 9566187770
Dr. DALBIR SINGH
Mobile No: +91-9444779934
OFAA SIM Centre HITS Campus:
Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR),
Padur, (Via) Kelambakkam,
Chennai - 603 103, India
Phone: +91-44-2747 4262, 2747 4395
Fax: +91-44-2747 4208