Admission to Ph. D.(Full Time / Part Time) & PDF in Engineering & Technology, Science & Humanities, Architecture and Management
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is looking for bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research to join us as Ph.D. scholars. Currently, we offer Ph.D. programmes in Aeronautical Engineering, Architecture, Bio Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, English Literature, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering Physics.
Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply for carrying out research areas mentioned below.
Minimum Eligibility for Ph.D.
For Engineering Minimum Qualification : M.E./M.Tech./M.S. (by Research) in the relevant branch (UG & PG with First Class )
For Science & Humanities: M.Sc./M.A./M.S. (by Research) in the relevant branch/MCA
For Architecture and Planning : M.Arch. / M.Plan/M.S. (by Research) in Architecture and Planning
For Management Science: MBA/M.S. (by Research)/PG Diploma of an IIM
Technology & Science – Fellowship available for meritorious Full-Time, candidates
- IIT Candidates / GATE / NET qualified Rs.25,000 – 28,000/ p.m.
- .Others: Rs. 15,000 – 18,000/p.m
Eligibility & Fellowship for PDF*
Ph.D in Engineering &Technology, Science, Architecture & Management.
Rs.35,000/- per month for a period of Two Years (extendable based on performance).
Financial support for Ph.D. / PDF subject to the following Conditions
|*Conditions for Fellowship|
|Consistently good academic record||Publications in WoS / Scopus / IEEE Indexed Journals/ Conference Proceedings etc.,|
|Minimum 75% marks obtained in UG & PG||Book Publications|
|Achievements and awards||Achievements and awards|
- Full time PhD students are encouraged to present their research work at international conferences
- Candidates can have Joint Supervisors from Industry, R&D Organisations and National Institutions of Repute and Collaborating Universities from abroad.
- Candidates also can carry out part of their research work in Laboratories of Collaborating Universities and Research Centres.
|Discipline||Broad Area of Research|
|School of Aeronautical Engineering|
|School of Building Sciences|
|School of Electrical Sciences|
|School of Mechanical Engineering||
|School of Computing Sciences||
|School of Management Studies||
Admission is generally offered on the basis of Test & Interview. The Institute will invite eligible candidates for a written test and interview. The final selection will be primarily based on academic credentials, written test and interview.
Online Ph.D. / PDF Applications can be obtained on payment of Rs.1000/-
Hard copy of the Ph.D. Applications are also available on payment of Rs. 1000/- by cash / DD from Head Office,Hindustan Group of Institutions, 40, GST Road,St. Thomas Mount, Chennai- 600016.
The completed application forms along with the following Documents are to be submitted to the above mentioned address :
- Passport size Photo ( 2 nos.)
- UG & PG Degree certificate (Xerox)
- One-page write up (500 Words) of the desired area of research
- No Objection Certificate from the employer ( If applying Part – Time)
- Demand Draft / Online payment for Rs.1000 drawn in favour of HITS, Padur.
Last date for Application submission
27th June 2016
Written test and Interview
11 to 15July 2016
For further information, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.