Welcome to Hindustan University
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the "University Status" by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the academic year 2008-09 and under the name HITS (Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science).
Today, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is one of the most sought after engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu, reputed for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extra curricular activities, the University has maintained an enviable academic excellence right from its inception. The student community comprises of students from all over India and Overseas. We have students hailing from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Korea, Liberia, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, U.A.E, Thailand, Vietnam, Tanzania, USA, etc.
The university has accomplished its mission and its academic achievements are a testimony to the same. More than 80% of students secure first class with distinctions year after year. Over 950 students have been placed in leading companies in India and abroad in the last 3 years. The students of this reputed institution are receiving placement offers from leading companies in India and Abroad. The institution has collaborative partnerships with leading universities in USA, Singapore, Australia, etc. It has students and faculty exchange programs with leading international universities. The university has also has received numerous accolades and awards over the years.
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of innovative talents & spirits of the students through Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Strong Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (National & International)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access for online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, ScienceDirect, Nature, etc
- Opportunity to be involved in various research centres and projects on campus.
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international Industries/Institutions
- 10 Research Centres and 7 Schools (Aeronautical, Building, Computing, Electrical, Management, Mechanical, Science & Humanities)
- Adherence to Bloom's Taxonomy and Outcome Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for students to choose the subjects and teachers